This is a quick tutorial that shows you how to create twitter lists full of targeted Twitter users that will drive traffic. If you don’t know about ifttt.com then you are missing out. This tool obliterates all automated tools for marketers. It creates an unlimited combination of uses by allowing many “triggers” (I.e. a keyword on twitter, or a text message) to then perform an action (I.e post to Facebook)
How to use IF THIS THEN THAT (ifttt.com) to build Twitter Lists
- Go to www.IFTTT.com and set up an account
- Create a New Task
- Click THIS when You see the Formula for Your Task
- Select Twitter from the List
- Choose “New Tweet from Search”
- Enter Your Term you want to search for (I.e. Mountain Biking)
- Select THAT from your task formula
- Choose Twitter Again for Your THAT so we can create a list on Twitter
- Choose “Add user to a List” as your action
- Click Create to accept the “recipe”
- Give your List a Descriptive but short name (I.e. Mountain Bikers)
It will ask you to link your twitter account to allow it to access your Twitter profile if not already linked.
Now you will have a list that is automatically updated with users who share the keyword. You can then go back and tweet to those users as you see fit. The users will also more than likely chec out your bio and click your website link in your bio. This can drive some extra traffic and help you discover other users who are interested in your topic.
Have you used Ifttt.com? What creative things have you used it for?